Monday, October 1, 2012

NIGERIA SPEAKS TO THEM...











 Remember, you carry on with
The expression of lost hope,
Wickedness and disrespect for me
But forget that is the reason
You tarry in depression.


The later you open your eyes
To the problems confronting you,
The earlier the solutions to
Easing these problems get
Delayed.


I see that no one is blind
To these problems but everyone
Seems to be amputated at solving
Them.


Hmm, that’s the opinion
They grant those who rant with
Onions.


Changing the bad to good
Is not just a fact to talk about
But an act to work on.


In my name I see possibilities
But sadly these possibilities
Are undermined by the few
Who don’t mind the regression of many,
But their progress.


You call me the giant of Africa
But all know you have made me an ant
That was once a giant.


The mending of these
Are pending the resurrection
Of the spirit that granted us independence,
A spirit that though seems lost,
Needs to be found.


Until you do this,
You will not get green
With vegetation for all
But,
Brown like a desert for none.


Written by Taiwo, Kehinde Oluwaseyi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly post your comments, as I anticipate getting back to you on your findings, opinions and suggestion with regards to what you just read.

Thank you.