Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Sole Friendship for my Soul (Poem)



The colour of your friendship
As fresh as raindrops
I thirst for,
To keep dehydration at bay

Your friendship,
Beautiful as the colours of the rainbow
An umbrella against downpour

Your friendship, all weather it survives
A future secured
Not deterred by climate change

Your friendship,
A repellent to keep mosquitoes at bay
Life given another chance
Death dealt a heavy blow

Your friendship, my sole candidate
For the president of my heart
For the desired change
A love I desire to secure my future

Your love, the heart beat
For my survival

Your love, the air I breathe
To see the light of everyday
True friendship, your love I live

Written and composed by Taiwo, Kehinde Oluwaseyi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly post your comments, as I anticipate getting back to you on your findings, opinions and suggestion with regards to what you just read.

Thank you.